St Albans, UK – Full-Time
Glencar Construction was established in 2016 with the aim of providing best-in-class construction services, from concept to completion.
Glencar’s co-founders are industry experts and they are supported by a dedicated team who have gained a wealth of specialist experience over many years in the sector.
This professional approach coupled with Glencar’s exemplary delivery record is already resulting in excellent client retention and impressive business growth.
Whether we are re-positioning existing facilities or building new ones, our ethos is based on delivering quality and service through beneficial partnerships with our supply chain and our customers.
We are looking for a Sustainability Lead to develop and deliver our environmentally sustainable strategies and CSR strategy.
You will be responsible for developing strategic plans as well as operational implementation. Working with the leadership team you will develop the plans and work closely with the teams to support delivery across the Company.
The role will develop working practices that respect and improve the natural environment or ecosystem and strategies to prevent or minimise the potentially harmful effects that business practice can cause when, directly or indirectly, it constitutes a drain on natural resources.
- Develop and deliver our Sustainability Strategy to enhance business performance and create a strong social purpose.
- Develop and manage relationships with external specialist partners and organisations to develop and deliver our priorities
- Develop and implement environmental policies, targets and procedures for the Company.
- Create success measures and track and report progress to the Company against these targets
- Ensure a best in class sustainability training programme is available across all levels of the business, at both project and leadership level to drive delivery of the strategy.
- Build positive relationships externally and represent the company in sustainability matters.
- Work across the company, building relationships and effectively communicating to ensure a successful strategy, policies and procedures are developed and deployed across the Company.
- Lead on CSR reporting to improve the transparency of the organisation’s activities,
- Actively lead best practice and innovation within the company across our CSR agenda
- Support project compliance with the environmental and sustainability requirements
- Provide projects with technical advice, guidance and support on environmental and sustainability matters
- Support the tender team with environment and sustainability, including social value, responses for bids and PQQs